Terms & Conditions
Current Revisions as of August 18, 2020
Revision Date: April 27, 2020
Revision Date: December 6, 2018
Terms of Service
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (“Statement,” “Terms,” or “SRR”) is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with BizLigo, BizLigo Communities (also referred to as BizLigo), as well as ConnectPro Global brands, associate services, PamTen, Inc., and SMAC Apps products and services, which we call the “BizLigo Services” or “Services”. By using or accessing the BizLigo Services, you agree to this Statement and any changes as it is updated from time to time.
Because BizLigo provides a wide range of Services, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific app, product, or service. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with this SRR, the supplemental terms associated with the app, product, or service govern with respect to your use of such app, product or service to the extent of the conflict.
If you are using or accessing the Services on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you are representing that you have the authority to bind the company or other legal entity to the terms of the agreement and acknowledge and understand that both you, individually, and the company or entity which you represent are bound by this agreement. If you do not want to register an account and become a user, do not agree to be bound by this agreement, do not click “Join BizLigo” or “Join Community” and do not access, view, download or otherwise use anything within the BizLigo and associated sites. By clicking the appropriate Join Now, Register, or Sign Up Now button, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the terms and conditions of this agreement and that you agree, on behalf of yourself and on behalf of any company or other legal entity which you represent, to be bound by all of its provisions. By clicking any form of “Join Now,” you also consent to use electronic signatures and acknowledge your click of the “Join Now” button as one.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Terms of Service and Privacy and Cookie Policies to make important disclosures about how you can use BizLigo to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read these, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
- Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on any community within BizLigo, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with BizLigo (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of BizLigo, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about BizLigo, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep BizLigo Communities safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep BizLigo safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on any BizLigo product.
- You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access the Service, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on BizLigo.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions and written permission from BizLigo management.
- You will not use BizLigo to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of BizLigo or associated products, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other Services functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or any of our policies.
- Registration and Account Security
BizLigo users provide their real names and information, and everyone needs to provide diligence and assistance to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on BizLigo, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without written, verifiable permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our written permission.
- You will not use your personal feed primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use an appropriate resources as available for such purposes.
- You will not use BizLigo if you are under 18.
- You will not use BizLigo if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your account (including any Page, community, or application administration) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is an appropriate action to do so (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name but too closely to the trademark owners).
- Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on BizLigo that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on BizLigo if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- We will provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. Contact contact@BizLigo.com for more details.
- If we remove your content for infringing on someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it in error, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account and ban further access when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted with our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on BizLigo.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. BizLigo Communities offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
InterUser Communication: Posting and Sharing to Groups, Discussions, Topics, Messaging, Promotions, Events, Tasks, Updates, Company Profiles, etc.)
BizLigo hosts various boards, forums, and communities where you can post your observations and comments. BizLigo also enables sharing of information by allowing Users to post updates, including links to third party content, and other information such as events, promotions, news, and other content to their profile and other parts of the site, such as Profile Pages. BizLigo Communities members can create Profile Pages, however, BizLigo may close or transfer any Profile Pages or other User created Pages, or remove content from them if the content violates this Agreement or others’ intellectual property rights. Notwithstanding the above, you acknowledge and agree that BizLigo or its affiliated companies, is not responsible for any content or information posted by you or any other user in any BizLigo hosted forum, blog, page, community, calendar or website through a user created message or otherwise through the services in any manner.
Please note that ideas you post and information you share may be seen and used by others, and BizLigo Communities cannot guarantee that they will not use the ideas and information that you have shared. Therefore, if you have an idea, proposal, or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or don’t want others to use, or that is subject to third party rights that may be infringed by your sharing it, do not post it to any BizLigo Users you are connected to or elsewhere. BIZLIGO IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A USER’S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU POST IN OR ON ANY BIZLIGO HOSTED COMMUNITY, FORUM, BLOG, PAGE, CALENDAR OR WEBSITE OR THROUGH A USER CREATED MESSAGE OR OTHERWISE THROUGH THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER.
- Mobile and Other Devices
- We currently provide our mobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will still apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on BizLigo within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on BizLigo Communities.
If you make a payment on BizLigo Communities, you agree to our Payments Terms unless it is stated that other terms apply.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Developers/Operators of Applications and Websites
If you are a developer or operator of a Platform application or website or if you use Social Plugins, you must comply with the appropriate BizLigo policies and cannot proceed without our approval. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Communities
If you create or administer a Community on BizLigo, or run a promotion or an offer from your Community, you agree to our Privacy and Cookie Terms.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
- You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless we give you express written permission.
- We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
- If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
- Your continued use of the BizLigo Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
Mutual rights of termination: You may terminate this Agreement, for any or no reason, at any time, with notice to BizLigo as previously stated. The termination will be effective upon the processing of your notice. BizLigo may terminate the Agreement and your account for any reason or no reason, at any time, with or without notice. This cancellation shall be effective immediately or as may be specified in the notice. For avoidance of doubt, only BizLigo or the party paying for the services may terminate your access to any Services. Termination of your BizLigo account includes disabling your access to BizLigo and may include barring you from any future use of BizLigo.
Misuse of the Services: BizLigo may restrict, suspend or terminate the account of any User who abuses or misuses the Services. Misuse of the Services includes inviting other Users with whom you do not know to connect; abusing the BizLigo messaging services; creating multiple or falsifying profiles; using the Services commercially without previous written BizLigo authorization, breaching any intellectual property rights, violating any policies, or any other behavior that BizLigo, in its sole discretion, deems contrary to its purpose. In addition, BizLigo will suspend access to and terminate the account of any User whom BizLigo determines to repeatedly violate other person’s rights under the United States Copyright Act or similar legislation. A User will be deemed a “repeat offender” if the User has been notified of infringing activity more than twice and/or has had one of its submissions removed from our Website more than twice.
Effect of Termination: Upon the termination of your BizLigo account, you lose access to the Services.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this statement or BizLigo exclusively in the U.S. District court for the state of New Jersey or a state court located in Mercer County, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of New Jersey will govern this statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on BizLigo, you indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions on BizLigo and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on BizLigo. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on BizLigo. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of BizLigo.
- We try to keep BizLigo up, bug-free, and safe, but you use it at your own risk. We are providing BizLigo as is without any express or implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We do not guarantee that BizLigo will always be safe, secure or error-free or that BizLigo will always function without disruptions, delays or imperfections. BizLigo is not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and agents from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties. We, PamTen, and SMAC Apps will not be liable to you for any lost profits or other consequential, special, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with this statement or BizLigo, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Our aggregate liability arising out of this statement or BizLigo will not exceed the greater of one hundred dollars ($100) or the amount you have paid us in the past twelve months. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. In such cases, BizLigo’s liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- Special Provisions Applicable to Users Outside the United States
We strive to create a global community with consistent standards for everyone, but we also strive to respect local laws. The following provisions apply to users and non-users who interact with BizLigo outside the United States:
- You consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States.
- If you are located in a country embargoed by the United States, or are on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals you will not engage in commercial activities on BizLigo (such as advertising or payments) or operate a Platform application or website. You will not use BizLigo if you are prohibited from receiving products, services, or software originating from the United States.
- By “BizLigo Communities” or “BizLigo” or “ BizLigo Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.BizLigo.com and any other BizLigo branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. BizLigo reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms.
- By “Platform” we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from BizLigo or provide data to us.
- By “information” we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with BizLigo.
- By “content” we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using BizLigo Services.
- By “data” or “user data” or “user’s data” we mean any data, including a user’s content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from BizLigo or provide to BizLigo through Platform.
- By “post” we mean post on any BizLigo product or otherwise make available through BizLigo services.
- By “use” we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By “application” we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- By “Trademarks” we mean the list of applicable trademarks.
- If you are a resident of or have your principal place of business in the US or Canada, this Statement is an agreement between you and BizLigo. References to “us,” “we,” and “our” mean either BizLigo, BizLigo Communities, PamTen, Inc., or SMACApps, as appropriate.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding BizLigo, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing BizLigo.
To access the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities in several different languages, change the language setting for your system. If the Statement is not available in the language you select, we will default to the English version.
You can contact us at:
2 Research Way
Princeton, NJ 08540